Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Problem With 2 Computers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 donuteh

donuteh

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:17 PM

I have nine computer's on my network, sometimes ten. one of the computers (I'll call it number 9) has a problem accessing number 3. but none of the other computers have any problems accessing these computers, they just can't seem to access each other.

When accessing #3 from #9 it just looks at it for a long time than stops responding.

When accessing #9 from #3 it looks for about ten seconds than gives an error message saying that it may not have permission and that I should contact the system administrator. (that would be me).

I could format it and hope that fixes the problem but I thought it would be more interesting to see if anyone had any ideas as to what may be causing this problem.

out of the nine computers only two are connected via LAN, all the others are connected via. Wi-fi. although the building is all metal Zeroloc panels (Giant refrigerator) my laptop sitting right next to it has no problems at all.

computer #3 is connected via. Dlink rangebooster N card, #9 is currently connected (temporarily) using a Dlink Air Plus XtremeG USB adapter. both have updated drivers.

all computers on the network are running Windows XP.

any more details needed let me know.
The speed of sound is defined by the distance from door to computer divided by the time interval needed to close the media player and pull up your pants when your mom shouts "OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users