Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Wont Reinstall Correctly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:24 AM

Ok so I wanted to install windows xp and did so over my vista. But then when i realized that half the drivers dont work for XP i decided to revert back to Vista until the drivers become available....however when i tried reinstalling the reinstallation endded with a black screen with my mouse in the middle....i held the power button in until it turned off and now every time i start the computer it goes to the safe mode screen where you can choose to start in safe mode or use a previously working configuration and then when i click the previously working setup option it brings me to that screen where it shows the little scrolling bar thing on the bottom of the screen like it usually does before booting windows but it stalls on this screen....somebody please help :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:12 PM

See the section titled "Using Dell PC Restore by Symantec" at the bottom of page 131 of the "Dell Inspiron 1720 Owner’s Manual":

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...df/DT549A00.pdf

or, if you don't have a PDF reader:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...20/en/index.htm

From what I read there, it will return your computer to the state at which it left the factory. There are also other sections in that area of the manual that describe other methods of restoring your system.

The section "Restoring Your Operating System" begins on page 130 and describes 3 options to accomplish this. The one I mentioned above is the second of those three options. From the contents of your other thread here (Why did you start a new thread?), I think that might be the best place to start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users