Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie Acting Funny - Not Loading Pages

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 theWallflower

theWallflower

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:13 AM

IE seems to be acting funny. It's having trouble loading pages. It can take a long time to load, and then it displays the bare bones text, all misaligned and without pictures. Then sometimes it'll pretend it can't access the page (like a 404), then I hit refresh and it loads just fine. I don't have this problem in Firefox.
I also seem to have a related problem in outlook, where it runs very slow too. It's not slow in dowloading the messages, but it can take a long time to display them. Even simple text.
I've upgraded to IE7, cleared the IE cache, temp files, cookies, and disabled some add-ons, and it has the same behavior. Multiple and repeated spyware and virus scans don't show anything. I have no detectable malware, spyware, or viruses on my computer. I have a feeling it may be related to some sort of malware, because I really have a problem with the Windows Update site when on IE
This topic shows what I've done so far. I originally posted in the HijackThis Log and Analysis forum. They recommended I post here if I was still having problems.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edited by theWallflower, 27 July 2007 - 06:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users