Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sapiserver

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Glider16

Glider16

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 27 July 2007 - 04:02 AM

Well, as of recently when I shut down my computer I get an error that "SapiServerReciever" couldn't close, giving me the options to End Now or Cancel. I really have no idea what it is, but when something new pops up acting weird it kind of gets me worried (especially when receiver is spelled wrong). So if anyone has any info on what this is at all it would be great :thumbsup:

I also have an odd thing that has been going on, I highly doubt it is a problem but it has been annoying me a lot! For some reason when I leave my computer idle as of late (example overnight), I will come back to see that all of my browsers say they can't connect to the internet, and the worst part about it is that I can connect to other internet things that don't use browsers (like games, or ventrilo). It works after I restart the computer or modem, but it is very annoying.

The only thing that I can imagine it would be is something to do with my firewall shutting it off, but the option for "Automatic Lock" is set to off in ZoneAlarm. The other things running are avast! and AVG Free Edition.
:flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:28 AM

I don't know if this will be ANY help at all, but found this article with someone else who has the same problem.

It will however, help you understand what the error is related to.

You can find the article by clicking here

Hope i'm of some help! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE:
"The other things running are avast! and AVG Free Edition."
If you are running two antivirus programs, that is a bad idea. It can cause problems.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 Glider16

Glider16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:21 PM

I don't know if this will be ANY help at all, but found this article with someone else who has the same problem.

Hope i'm of some help! :trumpet:

Thx! Glad to know it's nothing bad. :thumbsup: The weird thing is, when I google searched, the only thing I found was a topic from those same forums, but no one had responded. :flowers:

#5 Glider16

Glider16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:22 PM

Hope i'm of some help! :thumbsup:

What kind of problems does it cause? And which should I keep...

#6 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:52 PM

Will do some research for you when i can and come back to you...

Mind you I'm supposed to be doing assignments right now and i might actually start to do them so it might take a while!
Posted Image

#7 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:02 PM

Was reading several posts that i found, and it looks like you don't really need it, and it takes a lot of your system resources.

If you ever need to use it for a program, the program should install this program itself, or give you a link to download the program.

I would recommend you remove it. To remove it: open Add/Remove Programs, highlight Office from the list and click the Change button. Select Add or Remove Features. Open the Office Shared Features branch, followed by Alternative User Input. Click the Speech entry and select Not Available, then click Next and follow the instructions to remove it from your PC.
(these directions and effects of Sapiserver can be found here)

Hope this solves your problem...:thumbsup:
Posted Image

#8 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:25 PM

Please remember Buddy215's advise:

If you are running two antivirus programs, that is a bad idea. It can cause problems.

Both AV programs are good ones, it has to be a personal choice.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#9 Glider16

Glider16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:23 AM

Was reading several posts that i found, and it looks like you don't really need it, and it takes a lot of your system resources.

If you ever need to use it for a program, the program should install this program itself, or give you a link to download the program.

I would recommend you remove it. To remove it: open Add/Remove Programs, highlight Office from the list and click the Change button. Select Add or Remove Features. Open the Office Shared Features branch, followed by Alternative User Input. Click the Speech entry and select Not Available, then click Next and follow the instructions to remove it from your PC.
(these directions and effects of Sapiserver can be found here)

Hope this solves your problem...:thumbsup:

Hmm well I looked for "Office" in the add/remove programs but I couldn't find it. Is there any other way?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users