Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Unable To Display

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pool

pool

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:50 AM

:huh: : sad... i got a second hand personal computer but the computer unable to display anything....
The monitor is new and able to be used when i try on other CPU and I didn't tend to buy a new pc at this moment..
I decided to change a new graphic card but i worry that the same problem will still happen.... Please give me some suggestions so that i can fix this problem.?TQ..
Below are the hardware detail:
SE440BX-2 Motherboard Pentium3 Proceesor
64Mb DDR ram
Seagate 8GB

Also recommend me if there have any suitable VGA card for my pc... lol : :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:12 AM

What does the screen do when you turn on the computer? Does it have that black "i'm on but not doing anything but I'm turned on" tone to it, or is there no display at all?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:13 AM

I am assuming the computer seemingly turns on ok. According to the MANUAL (click on the technical specs) It has an integrated speaker so you should hear the POST beeps it should be ONE SHORT beep. If thats good you can purchase a new video card. You need a AGP 1x or 2x compatible card or a PCI compatible card. Do not confuse PCI-X with PCI. If the computer fails to POST correctly IE: it beeps more than once. There is a problem with the hardware, on page 88 of the MB manual are the list of POST beep codes look up the code and post your results.

Edit: Revised bad link

Edited by Sneakycyber, 27 July 2007 - 11:15 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 Sixstringartist

Sixstringartist

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:44 AM

If you just got this PC its possibly that the prior owner had the OS resolution set higher than what your monitor can handle. Do you see anything when you boot up prior to the OS launch?

#5 pool

pool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:53 AM

To Sixstringartist: I not sure OS got launch or not because i also unable to see anything even i turn on the power for some time... lol...

To Ryan 3000: Haha, unfortunately i really mean tat 'there no display at all'....... so u got any idea ar?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users