Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virusprotectpro --> Blue Screen Of Death

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jshapp03

jshapp03

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:34 PM

First, I'm new here so... Hello everyone!!!

Here's the quick story.
VirusProtectPro got on my computer. I used the auto-removal method found on this website. Computer appeared to be working for a day, I woke up the next morning to find blue screen of death. I went in safe-mode, restored computer to settings like 5 days ago. Computer appeared to be working again, just to make sure I restarted it. Blue screen of death was back again. I F8 restarted and tried "Restore Computer To Last Known Working Configuration". Thats where I am now. I'm convinced if I restart it the blue screen will still be there.

Here's the extremely detailed story.
So, I got home last night to find "Virus Protect Pro" on my computer. I googled the name to figure out if this was a real product or a virus. Thankfully, this was the website that showed up with the removal instructions.

I Followed the automatic removal instructions to the word BUT there was one problem. On step number 10 it said "red screen will state Computer Reboot Now". That did not happen, instead a text file opened called "rapport". I saved the file and manually rebooted. If needed I can post that rapport file.

After restart, the computer was running fine. I played my game for an hour and went to sleep. Woke up to find the blue screen of death. I took a picture with my camera here it is below.
Posted Image

I restarted computer and tried to go in safe mode, it worked. I went to System Restore and put it back like 5 days. Everything appeared working again but this time I wasn't fooled. I restarted the computer and this time a black screen that I didn't understand appeared, another picture below. I hit F1 to continue and yes, the same blue screen was back.
Posted Image.

One more restart pressing F8. This time I clicked "Restore System To Last Known Working Configuration". It started and i logged on to my name where i got a Runtime Error, another picture.
Posted Image

:flowers: And so here I am, typing to you guys in hope you can figure out my problem. I'm almost certain that if I restart I will be back and the Blue Screen.

On a side note, I have McAfee and as I was typing this about 50 messages dinged saying trojans and viruses were being found/removed. I've never had that happen before.... I also had ad-aware scanning, it found nothing. I suppose the virus is gone but in fixing it a new problem was caused?

Thanks for any help you can give me!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:03 AM

Hi jshapp03 and :thumbsup: to BC

If you don't click on that runtime error, message that would be recommended. Well, that's my opinion, i too got that message, and as soon i clicked 'OK' or tried to close it, the desktop icons and taskbar would quicly disappear and reappear....

I think you are badly infected, so i would recommend you post a HijackThis log in the HijackThis log and Analysis Forum.

A tutorial on how to use HijackThis can be found here
And the HijackThis log and Analysis Forum can be found here

Have a nice day and i hope your computer gets better! :flowers:
Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:35 AM

Your errors look more like a drive is going bad in your computer. Notice is says in the black image, which is a bios error before any viruses can really get to you, that it cant find one of your drives.

How is your computer setup? I see that you have a striped array (raid 0) with two 149 gig drives. Do you also have a boot drive? My guess is that the boot drive was not able to be seen from the error.

#4 jshapp03

jshapp03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:40 AM

I haven't got the runtime error again... I suppose it will come back if I restart my computer, or hopefully its gone for good.

Just posted a HiJack log in the other forum.. Heres the link if anyone wants to see http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101698/virusprotectpro-blue-screen-of-death/

Your errors look more like a drive is going bad in your computer. Notice is says in the black image, which is a bios error before any viruses can really get to you, that it cant find one of your drives.

How is your computer setup? I see that you have a striped array (raid 0) with two 149 gig drives. Do you also have a boot drive? My guess is that the boot drive was not able to be seen from the error.

I only know a little about computers. I honestly have no idea :thumbsup: can I find that out in my system information thing?

Edited by jshapp03, 27 July 2007 - 11:44 AM.

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

Do you know how many hard drives you have in your computer?

#6 jshapp03

jshapp03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:05 PM

I think 2 but i'm not positive.

I remember when I ordered it, they said something like it combines 2 hard drives but runs as one. (its one of those raid numbers). Like technically I think I have 2, but when I save stuff its like one massive hard drive.

Edited by jshapp03, 27 July 2007 - 12:06 PM.

#7 jshapp03

jshapp03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:26 PM

Please help someone :thumbsup:

My power went out last night and when I turned my computer on this morning the blue screen didnt show. But the problems worse now. EVERY program that I open and every program that is on my start list gives me an error report and says it has to close. I had to go through like 10 error reports before firefox finally decided to open for me and I came here hoping someone responded. please help!!!!

Edited by jshapp03, 28 July 2007 - 12:42 PM.

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:06 PM

Are you still getting those black screens saying there is a drive not able to be found?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users