Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Login To Xp

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jball007

jball007

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:27 PM

Mornin' everybody,

I'm working on a build for a friend...

I currently have a problem with logging into WinXp from the Blue/Darkblue welcome/login screen....

Everything was running nice and smooth until I did the last update to the Videocard...

Unfortunately I cannot login to get to this problem...

Safe mode is also not letting me loggin and system restore is my next possiblity..

My question is what could have caused this problem? I don't think it was the update to the videocard that did this because I've never seen it happen before..

Screen freezes up after a few seconds of moving the mouse around or if I click on his login Icon...

I've tried to restart and replug everything in... No luck :thumbsup:

If anybody has any ideas on how to fix this It would be great... I will try a system restore after I get home from work today

~Jake

"I Came to Bring The Pain"

Posted Image

System: Core 2 Duo @ 2.44, Asus WIFI P5B mobo, Radeon 1950XT gcard, 2x1GB Memory, LITE-ON x2 DVD/CD drives, Aerocool Case, AOC FC-2000 PCI Slot Case Cooler, AeroCool 92mm Heatsink W/2 80m Fans Mounted on it, (3) 120m Fans on Case, (1) 220m Fan on Case, 150g HDD 10K RPM (For random stuff), 75G HDD 15k RPM (For Gaming)... Thermaltake (4) 12v rail PSU...THE END!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HiDDeNMisT

HiDDeNMisT

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:34 PM

it is possible that caps lock is on and it is possible that u forgot your password or u are putting in a different password think that it is the right one.

make sure that caps lock is off and try all of the passwords that you would normally use.

#3 jball007

jball007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:39 PM

There is no password for the loggin.. its just an Icon that was set up (click and enter :thumbsup: *Not personally secure but it works i guess*)

Posted Image

System: Core 2 Duo @ 2.44, Asus WIFI P5B mobo, Radeon 1950XT gcard, 2x1GB Memory, LITE-ON x2 DVD/CD drives, Aerocool Case, AOC FC-2000 PCI Slot Case Cooler, AeroCool 92mm Heatsink W/2 80m Fans Mounted on it, (3) 120m Fans on Case, (1) 220m Fan on Case, 150g HDD 10K RPM (For random stuff), 75G HDD 15k RPM (For Gaming)... Thermaltake (4) 12v rail PSU...THE END!!

#4 HiDDeNMisT

HiDDeNMisT

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:08 PM

try to boot into safe mode and if u can run some anit spyware and anit virus stuff.

#5 jball007

jball007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:10 PM

Already tried :trumpet:... no luck there though :thumbsup:

He is cleaner than clean can be.. my guess is something got corrupted but i can't try out a system restore till i get home from work :flowers:

Posted Image

#6 HiDDeNMisT

HiDDeNMisT

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:14 PM

ummmm

really cant do much if u can log in to your on computer lolz. the only other thing that comes to mind is the system restore try but i dont think u can do that with out loggin in.

look get a 2nd opinion but i think you might have to format your PC

#7 jball007

jball007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:16 PM

I don't think im to that point yet >.<

But system restore is def. my next option..

Posted Image

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:36 PM

It's not the video drivers, as Safe Mode will allow you to boot without them (it uses the Windows default drivers instead - that's why the screen is so funky).

You may want to try System Restore from the command line, but I'd suggest trying Last Known Good Configuration from the Safe Mode menu. If that doesn't work, then it looks like you may be facing a repair install of XP: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 jball007

jball007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:21 PM

Fixed the problem....

Did a system restore using fixboot and fix mbr...

unfortunatly that didn't completely help me but it did allow me access into safemode which in return I rolled back the videocard driver and ran virus and maleware scans... nothing harmful showed itself..but i went back to the main loggin' area and finally was allowed to login without crashing or stalling on me so it must have been a combo of corrupted files and a bad driver..

~Thanks you 2 for the help (USASMA and Hiddenmist)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users