Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Make Your Own Sigs From Your own Videos

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:02 PM

You'll need 2 basic utilities: the RAD Video Tools and Microsoft GIF Animator

1.Make sure the clip is trimmed down to the portion you want to show.
2.Go into RAD Video Tools, select that video clip, click the 'convert a file' tab, and under 'adjust framerate' put in a number at or under 4 frames per second (try to keep the entire video under 20 frames) and then click the dropdown menu that says output file and say GIF. Make sure the width says 500 and the height says 90. Convert. You now have around 20 GIF pictures.
3.Open Microsoft GIF animator. To get this video to play the frames in order, select the last frame of your video clip first, and move from last to first adding frames. Click the 2nd tab, and check the box that says repeat forever. It will require you to tell it how long to make each frame. This is in hundredths of a second. If you said 4 frames per second in RAD, you will say 25 m/s, if you said 3, you will say 33 m/s and so on. Save.

You've made your own GIF movie! Make sure the filesize is small enough for BC!!!

PS you can do the same to make a picture-changing desktop background, just convert each picture into GIF and your screen's resolution and go on from step 3!

Edited by Ryan 3000, 26 July 2007 - 01:03 PM.

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:33 PM

Ensure that you follow all BC Rules for posting!

E.G., "The posting of any copyrighted material on our web site is strictly prohibited."
If you don't own the rights, don't post it.

"Posts may be deleted for any reasons the forum administrators deem reasonable." etc.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:23 PM

The posting of any copyrighted material on our web site is strictly prohibited

I'm sorry, I didn't know that that was copyrighted material I was posting. Could you quote the part I messed up on so I don't mess up again?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:37 PM

Sorry for the confusion here Ryan. You have not posted anything in violation of any copy write laws.

My quote of the BC's rules applies to use of videos by members using your tip only to construct signatures.
One may not use any others' Videos or Movies without their express permissions.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:14 AM

But my 'halo blowing up' video is fine, right?

#6 nucleusfermi

nucleusfermi

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:58 PM

Hey Ryan that utility is good, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users