Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help Ive Been Invaded (not Very Good With Comps Please Be Gentle?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 cadburys.angel

cadburys.angel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:25 PM

This is basicaly the history of my attack

im now wondering where i go from here i looked in the forum and found a topic on this it told me to download adwear do i need to do this and if so do i need to remove any of the programs stated below please if you cant help could you possibly point me in the
right direction.

Yesterday

First in the bottom right hand corner of my screen i have various icons telling me i have viruses and spywear. i down loaded a program called spywear doctor and acording to that fixed all the problems however i still have 1 icon and when i go on certain internet pages it flicks me out tells me i have a virus and to download a different spywear program. what do i do. yesterday and this morning comp was fine hubby closed it down and now when i opened it it went bonkers. also i cant see my pop up bloker anywhere please help!!!

Today

I still cant get rid of everything. this is still in the bottom right hand corner http://www.virusprotectpro.com/?aff=1012... I have scaned using search and destroy this has picked up nothing now ive also used counter spy this picked nothing up. but i can still see the little bugger i have made a hijack this log but am unsure where to ask for help with this. Also its slightly worring that all these scanners which picked up zlob virus and smithfreidian are not picking this up is it part of the original virus. I now have installed as per majorgeeks forum instructions

ccleaner
auslogis disk defrag
search and destroy
counterspy
hijackthis renamed as per instuctions
getrunkey s
hownew key whatever these are
have also used panda online scan as per instruced that picked up no viruses etc in local drives but when i scaned my comp it said i had 1 virus 5 spywear 1 hacking tool and 2 dialers AHHHHHHHH

and im so confused i couldnt find my feet now if i tryed. :thumbsup:

I followed instructions from this page but now im lost http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.... is everything fixed or not ps cant find my hijack this log or any other for that fact.

its been surgested that i go to a techie here but im a little unsure on that one as i rang two this morning when i couldnt get my comp out of safe mode cmd exe only to be told to turn off wait 30 seconds turn on press f8 again and select normal mode all of this i had done. He then said if that dont work your comps shot we will need to reinstall everything well thinking all was lost i let my hubby have a go (completeley comp iliterate )and law and behold he managed to get back to normal mode so i dont hold much faith the other techie (only two on island) removed my antivirus wear coz it took up a lot of space however he told noone and this is why i nove have these little buggers. If you can help pleeeeeeese do

:flowers: bee

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:38 PM

Removal instructions for Virus protectpro in link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98219/how-to-remove-virusprotect-or-virus-protect-removal-instructions/

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below. DO NOT post the log in this forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to Start Windows in Safe Mode:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:28 PM

Hi cadburys.angel,

Welcome to BleepingComputer.

I went in search of your log at majorgeeks.com and also found a thread for you at AumHa forums. Since you are currently being helped by them, please follow only the instructions of the helper at that site. If you try to follow fixes from multiple forums, your fix will be delayed and your helper will have a complicated job of trying to figure out why certain things are happening.

if you have any questions, you may PM me.

rigel
BleepingComputer Forums Moderator