Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is The Cycling Sport Dead?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kimgeni

kimgeni

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:01 AM

Sinkewitz, Vino, Moreni and Rasmussen are out. Contador was perhaps involved in Operation Puerto.
If Ullrich, Basso, Mancebo, Heras and so on, used drugs, how come Armstrong won 7 times in a row? Of course this is just speculations, however its a thought that makes much sense.
Cofidis and Astana are out of the Tour. In my opinion they should have stayed. Why pull out the whole team because of 1 stupid rider?
Sponsors are pulling out, TV-ratings are falling, German TV will not cover the Tour, the americans wount watch unless they win (perhaps the rating goes up 'cause Contador has the jersey now), and everyone wonders: Will this ever stop?
I don't know what to believe and how to answer these questions, but I know I'll continue to support the sport of cycling, no matter what happens. What will you do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:28 PM

I will allways watch the tour as long as it is televised here.To me it's a real test of Human endurance and Stamina.
The Sport is suffering and while I think it will never Die,certainly will takes years to recover from the Drug Publicity.
Most Endurance Sports have some sort of a Drug Problem.Just who the Media chooses to go after. :thumbsup:

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:58 PM

... the americans wount watch unless they win

While I'm sure that's true for some, I believe many Americans feel as I do -

there are so many questions regarding the French handling of the drug tests that the integrity of the sport has been severly damaged.

It looks like no matter who they test, if they want to find something, they will. Did Armstrong do anything wrong? Did Landis? Were the tests, or the results, altered because the French didn't want an American winning their race?

Cycling as become a bigger sport in the US, so these races should draw a certain amount of interest here. If it's lower than one would expect, it may have as much to do regarding the integrity of the testing proceedures as it does any actual cheating by any of the cyclists.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users