Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003 Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 woodman

woodman

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:40 AM

Hi

I have a couple of questions with regard to Outlook 2003 that I would appreciate some help with.

First of all, when I open outlook, my task automatically open. Can I stop this from happening?

Secondly, when I type an email address, a list obviously starts below with possible matches. Can I get rid of some of these addresses as some are incorrect or no longer in use.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:40 AM

I believe in the list it will only show non address book items for a certain amount of time if not used. If these are contacts in you global address book or local address book then these will stay forever until deleted foor the address book.

When it comes to the tasks opening I am not sure what you mean. Try running outlook with the first run switch and see if that makes a difference.
Start>Run> type "outlook.exe /firstrun" (without the "")

If this does not resolve the issue please advise what you are experancing maybe screen shots.
FocusToonSigStreched.jpg

#3 woodman

woodman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:32 AM

Hi
This did not resolve the problem.

All that happens and it is not a major issue just one that irritates me as that when I open outlook, a box with all my outstanding tasks open. I am not sure how to paste a screen shot on here.

Regards

Paul

#4 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:30 PM

When you open Outlook got Tools -> Options -> Other -> Click Advanced Options button. In the dialog box that comes up, where it says startup in this folder, change the folder from Tasks to Inbox using the Browse button.
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users