Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hotmail Sign In Keeps Popping Up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:38 PM

This just started recently, when I am accessing the internet using MSN, IE or even Firefox, multiple IE windows start to open and the page is the Hotmail sign in page. This is not my home page. I have run scans from AVG, Spybot, Bitdefender, Panda, Ad-aware, and A2 squared. Nothing comes up. I have the actually MSN software that I use, while putting in my password for MSN, multiple IE windows will open for me to sign into Hotmail. I have not installed any new Hotmail or msn items at the time this all started. I have tried uninstalling every Hotmail, MSN program I have and it still happens.
Thank you for any help you can give. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crizz44

Crizz44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:54 PM

:thumbsup: I found this solution, it did not match my problem exactly, but I ran the BFU and it appears to be fixed. Just hope to help anyone else who may come across the same type of problem.

http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=80505

#3 Crizz44

Crizz44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:27 PM

My problem returned quickly. I have now solved the reason why its doing it, but not a full solution. It was my new Labtec wireless keyboard. It must have many short cut keys that trigger the email. Now to find a fix so I can use it again. I plugged in a different keyboard and have had zero popups.

Edited by Crizz44, 04 August 2007 - 06:36 PM.

#4 Crizz44

Crizz44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:51 AM

I received an answer from Labtec today and it seems to have fixed the problem. Their solution is below. Hopefully this may help someone else.

To resolve this issue, uninstall the Labtec software from the Add/Remove Programs utility in the Control Panel and test the keyboard with Windows native drivers.

If the issue persists, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Remove the batteries from the keyboard and press keys on the keyboard repeatedly (as if typing) for approximately two minutes. This will clear out the capacitors.
2. Press the Connect button on the receiver.
3. Press the Connect button on the mouse. NOTE: You may need a pencil tip or other small tip to press the connect button.
4. Press the Connect button on the receiver.
5. Insert the fresh set of batteries back into the keyboard.
6. Press the Connect button on the keyboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users