Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need To Replace South Bridge Fan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LuckyMitch

LuckyMitch

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:44 PM

About a week ago I replaced my power supply, while I was in there I cleaned out all the dust and noticed my mb's south bridge fan wasn't turning while the pc was on. Never had this prob before but I hear you can get a fan dirt cheap. I hear you have to take everything out though in order to replace it. Such as video card, etc. I have been having probs with my pc as well, not sure if it's related or not but sometimes when I boot it freezes during the Windows Xp loading window or right after it loads the desktop, causing me to manual reboot. So my question is, is this possibly related and does anyone have a guide out there so I can replace my fan? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:33 PM

Try here http://www.donutey.com/fan.php
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users