Jump to content
Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:23 AM
Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:07 PM
Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:37 PM
Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:44 PM
Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:56 PM
Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:10 PM
Edited by suebaby41, 19 August 2007 - 10:55 AM.
Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:01 AM
Edited by suebaby41, 24 August 2007 - 01:31 PM.
Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:19 PM
A few things you may do prior to cleaning::
During the cleaning process, if any other issues appear, please let us know.
- Backup any important data first!!
- There are several online backup storage websites available. Some require a fee; some offer free backup storage.
- Review the instructions on starting your computer in Safe Mode. (without networking support !). If you donít know how to boot in Safe Mode, use this tutorial, How To Start Windows in Safe Mode.
- Review the instructions on configuring Windows Explorer to Show All Hidden Files and Folders.
- Perform all actions in the order given.
- If you are unsure of any procedure, stop and ask!
- Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
- Complete all the steps. ABSENCE OF SYMPTOMS DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN A CLEAN COMPUTER!!
Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:14 AM
Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:50 AM
Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:44 PM
Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:29 PM
Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:13 PM
thanks. I'm still trying to get it to boot into safe mode. I can get to the safe mode screen and arrow to "safe mode", click and the screen scrolls with a lot of information for about 2 secs, then the "alert, cover removed" message then back to choosing if I want to start in safe mode or normal...
AVG was able to finish and says that there are no threats, but whenever I open the internet I am getting a pop up box which says
"AVG Resident Shield
with the msg
"While opening file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mssync20.dll
Trojan horse PSW.Generic4.XPE
The options are to Ignore, Info, Heal, Move to Vault. If I try to heal or move to vault I am getting msg: "action not available for this object, access to file has been denied".
I will try safe mode from the system config way and see if that works. Otherwise, I'll wait to see if I should continue with other instructions. Thanks!
Help! I did the configuration way to safe mode and now I can't get on at all. The system just keeps bringing that stupid alert thing up and the screen to choose how to log on, but no matter what I choose I get the alert ..
How can I reboot now that I've configured to go in safe mode??
Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:32 PM
Posted 23 September 2007 - 12:46 PM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users