- Click Start.
- Double-click on the My Computer icon.
- Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
- After the new window appears select the View tab.
- Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Display the contents of system folders.
- Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.
- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide file extensions for known file types.
- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.
- Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.
- Now your computer is configured to show all hidden files.
To reverse what was done above, do the following....
Repeat the above instruction for showing hidden files and folders. This time however, select "Do not show hidden files and folders"
and put a check in the box "Hide protected operating system files"
, and the box "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Edited by jwinathome, 25 July 2007 - 09:03 AM.