Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inserting Header/footer In Multiple Word Files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gail Cregg

Gail Cregg

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:48 PM

I have a large number of Word files and would like to add a footer or header to each showing the filename. I know how to do it by opening each file one at a time but this will be quite time consuming and I was wondering if there was a way to do a batch of files at once? Any suggestions would be much appreciated as there is quite a large number of files I need to change.Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:14 AM

I can't think of a way of doing this to previously saved files but if you edit the normal.dot file to have this on then it will do this for all new documents.

The only other way would be to use a VB script to add it on opening of a file. This would mean coding it and then opening every file. The only advantage to this is hat you would not need to do manually for every file.
FocusToonSigStreched.jpg

#3 Gail Cregg

Gail Cregg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:34 PM

Mmm, looks like I need to find another way to approach the problem since I need to add it to saved files and am not up to writing a script. Oh well thanks anyway,Gail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users