Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Word '02 And '03 Question.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sallie48

Sallie48

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:37 PM

Microsoft Word 2002 and 2003......Can I install both of them on my computer if I put them in different locations/folders. I like 2003 but there are files that are not compatible that work with the 2002 version. Specifically, when I try to use mail merge with files I created using MS Works.....the 2003 version of Word will not recognize the files that were created with the 2002 version. I never had a problem until I upgraded.

If anyone has experience with this, please let me know. BTW... I am running Windows Vista and both are compatible with that OS.

Thanks.....Sallie
(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 25 July 2007 - 09:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:19 AM

These can be run run side by side. You do have to install 2003 first theninstall 2000 this will stop the upgrading process from auto starting. Make sure you only add the apps that you wish to use as installing 2 instances of outlook will cause a problem.
FocusToonSigStreched.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users