Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Transfer My Old Email To A New Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 slblaylock

slblaylock

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:59 PM

I have been using microsoft outlook for two years and it has all of my contact information as well as many saved emails in different folders. Recently, i sent an email to my office/network and was told that a spam worm was on my email and that it has to be cleaned out.( The email was an ecard and is sendign out spams to multiple computers. )I am going to send my computer off to have it cleaned however, i don't want to lose all my email contacts and saved emails. Is there any way to transfer all the information off of this computer onto another computer without damaging the new computer with the spam worm? Also, I did delete the email that was responsible for the worm and have not used the computer again. (I am on a different computer now) Do I have to wait on someone else to clean the computer before i can do anything with my emails?

Please advise,

slblaylock

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mand0

mand0

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:15 PM

Yes, you can backup your emails. Take a look at this website.

If your using Outlook and not Outlook Express you need to find a .pst file. If it's Outlook Express you need to find the .dbx files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users