Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Palm Tungesten T5 Problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:07 PM

Ok, here's a trycky one. I'm having to reset sometimes when i do a hotsynch. I'm thinking it may be something to do with installing programs that may not be set up for the Tungsten T5. Anyone have any input? If i'm not giving enough info let me know and i'll go into as much detail as i can.
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 29 January 2005 - 11:59 PM

When you say you are installing apps not designed for tungsten, they are designed for the palmos right?

#3 paperghost

paperghost

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2005 - 04:03 PM

usually a crash or hang during a sync is due to a third party app - have a think and see what the last app or two was that you installed. the likelyhood is the cause will be one of those.

#4 efizzer

efizzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:54 AM

Sorry it took so long to respond, I was away from my PC for the weekend "THE PAIN :thumbsup: !" Yes, programs I install are made for Palm OS, but most programs that i do see for the palm don't have it listed for the T5 yet, only the T3. They say palm OS 5 though. Maybe i'm installing stuff that hasn't been fully tested for the Palm T5? I Love my T5, and the need to reset happens rarely, but i don't want to do any damage to it.
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#5 paperghost

paperghost

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:56 AM

Usually programs will say if theyre not compatible with either the OS or the actual PDA itself - worst comes to the worst, just hotsync and everything will be backed up - then just wipe it and install the apps you KNOW are reliable one at a time. I think theres some articles floating round on the web regarding hotsync specific problems - maybe worth a look.

worst comes to worst, just wipe it, ive done it with mine lots of times with no issues :thumbsup:

Edited by paperghost, 01 February 2005 - 10:58 AM.

#6 efizzer

efizzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:22 PM

Cool, thanks for the help.
Posted Image

#7 paperghost

paperghost

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:45 PM

Cool, thanks for the help.

no problem (im running a Palm Tungsten E, fact fans!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users