Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express Problem.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:43 PM

Hi All. All of a sudden I cant send attachments or images by Outlook Express.Text is OK.Rang the providor and they were not helpfull at all.I have 3 Email addresses and the other two are not affected.Outlook express is my default Email address.I can send attachments from the other Email addresses to my own Outlook express and can open them no worries.Just cant send.The only program I have installed lately is Windows Live Messenger.Is it possible this program could be preventing me from sending Attachments?Thanks for any help. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:41 PM

Hi DSTM :thumbsup:

When you send the e-mail message with the attachment, does the program "hang" during the sending process?
If so, follow the instructions in this Micro$oft article: Outlook Express Hangs After you Send an E-mail Message with an Attachment.

Seeing as this article involves modifying the Registry, be sure to back it up and understand how to restore the Registry should a problem occur.
Backing Up the Registry.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2007 - 02:15 AM

Thanks so much for your help 'TMack' No nothing lags because I cant' send anything,Period.
Printed out Tutorial and will do a back up. :thumbsup:
Failing that,I will uninstall Messenger and see if thats the reason for the sudden Problem.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:47 AM

I suspect that if it were Messenger that was causing the problem, it would happen with every OE account, and not just one.
Are all the accounts to E-mail addresses from the same provider?
Do you get any error messages if you attempt to either make an attachment or send an E-mail with one?
At precisely what stage in the process does the problem happen?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:59 PM

Seeing as Outlook Express isn't "hanging" during the sending process, disregard the instructions in the Micro$oft article as it does not apply.

If you are getting error messages as jgweed asked, here is an article to look thu called How to troubleshoot error messages that you receive when try to send and receive e-mail in Outlook and in Outlook Express
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#6 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:17 PM

Hi 'John' and 'TMack' I have just this minute got it working again. Outlook Express was the only Email address that I checked.This one is provided by my ISP,and my default Email address.The other two were Hotmail and GMAIL. I tried to back up the registry,but could not see Back up.The tutorial said to install XP or 2003 CD, Out of my league.Instead,I did a system restore and uninstalled Messenger.Tested ok so reinstalled Windows live messenger and all is working fine just now.I could not even start to send an attachment as I would get an error message instantly.Anyways,thanks to everybody including the members who helped behind the scene. :thumbup2:I am sure System Restore fixed the problem,if indeed the the problem was with the registry.

Edited by DSTM, 25 July 2007 - 02:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users