Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Use External Monitor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 westislandbrewer

westislandbrewer

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:59 PM

Hello,

I have an hp ze4315us notebook. I wanted to play a movie but use my new lcd 19" widescreen monitor. I plugged it into the notebook video outlet but all I get on the monitor is the win xp background with no icons or anything. I have tried playing around with the video properties but have been unsuccessful. I see there is an option were I can make the second monitor as the primary but that opion is faded and will not let me check the box. I am running win xp pro. Any suggestions??? Thanks Philip

Also how can I have my laptop in the closed postion and still have the movie play. I have tried going into the power options but I didn't find anything that helped.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 westislandbrewer

westislandbrewer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:55 PM

Hi Again,

I am half way to a solution thanks to my 10 yr old son. The additional monitor is the "right half" of the laptop monitor. i.e. if you move the cursor to the right enough it will dissappear from the laptop and appear on the lcd monitor. I can even drag the movie from the laptop were it is playing fine but when it appears on the lcd monitor the frame of the player is there but there is no movie image. Anyone out there know what settings I should play with to get the image on the lcd monitor?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users