Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something Going Wrong For Me.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 aq2

aq2

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:48 PM

OK everytime i try to open the control panel Windows explore stops working and it restarts.

Whats wrong?

This is the error from event viewer log. After a few times I was able to open control pannel.

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549b091, faulting module explorer.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549b091, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0003278d, process id 0x78c, application start time 0x01c7ce3c7c6d521f.

Edited by aq2, 24 July 2007 - 03:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aq2

aq2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:32 AM

Now im getting a blue screen everytime i start the computer.

Thinking of reformatting but i dont really want to mess with all that. But something is not working correctly

Any thoughts

#3 aq2

aq2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:50 PM

OK i think im talking to myself ,But anyway.

Tonight i reformatted the harddrive. It worked good for about two hours and guess what I started to get the Explorer has crashed blah blah blah, explorer.exe is restarting blah blah blah. Is this a hardware problem or what the heck is going on? I would thought reformatting the harddrive would fix this but it has not, well it does not look like it has.

Heres the error from the event log.!!!

Faulting application Explorer.EXE, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549b091, faulting module Explorer.EXE, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549b091, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000249b0, process id 0x66c, application start time 0x01c7cf4fa2e53bb6.

Edit, I'm no longer getting the blue screen of death. but Explorer.exe is still crashing and restarting.

Also after i reinstalled windows .I get this black screen saying somthing about no arrays found, no hard disk detected , and in my device manager there a thing called, Other devices and it says Serial ATA contoller.

I only have one hard drive and not sure why its thinking im running in RAID or anything like that....

But the "Faulting application Explorer.EXE," Has me more concerned as im still getting this problems after reformatting the harddrive.

Edited by aq2, 26 July 2007 - 12:23 AM.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:43 AM

When your formatted the system and reinstalled Windows, did you install the drivers necessary for the system?

The hard drive error is likely happening because the drivers for your SATA controller have not been installed. You should be able to get the SATA drivers from the manufacturer of your system.

FWIW - if you haven't installed the other drivers for the system, you're likely to be working with the Windows default drivers. These drivers are intended to get the system up and running, and don't include the functionality/ability of the correct drivers for your devices. I'd suggest updating them all. You can check on them by doing a free scan at http://www.driveragent.com
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 aq2

aq2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:49 AM

OK, thanks for the link. and posting. Yea i used the disk that came with my system. so all drivers should have been installed.

Now to the driver issues, It says that i have 17% outdated drivers. I do not have enough cash to join the site, So could you help me in updating these drivers.

Intel® 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF
Intel® 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0
Intel® PRO/1000 PL Network Connection
Intel® 82801GB SMBus Controller - 27DA (Intel® SMBus 2.0 Driver)

Why is the Serial ATA Controller is showing up under the device manager as other devices for?
I'm guess my bios thinks im running in RAID, Which I'm not running in RAID. As when the system starts to load the bios is looking for RAID,

Also could the explorer.exe be restarting due to low virtual memory?

Edited by aq2, 26 July 2007 - 03:54 PM.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:19 PM

The first issue is to install the SATA drivers. Without them you'll experience all sorts of strange issues with your system. The Intel drivers are free, and can be downloaded either from your computer manufacturer's website or the Intel website.

As for Driver Agent, it's just a guide and should be used with a bit of caution. Also, you don't need to join the site, just note (as you have) the drivers that you need and you'll be just fine.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 aq2

aq2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:11 PM

Hi, heres a good for you., It was looking for another harddrive, It was the RAID bios screen which I only have 1 harddrive. I disable the secondary SATA drive and it fixed that problem :huh: Please read below.

The system was working GREAT after i reformatted yesterday. So I went to the Intel site and download the chipset and sound driver updates and guess what happen (Yes i download the correct drivers for my motherboard)Right after i restarted the system,I went to the control panel and guess what My explorer.exe crashed and needed to be restarted.So now I beinging to think that the cause of my explore.exe crashing is due to the driver updates or was it just a big coresidence (sp)

Was it just very good timing that it would crash right after installing the updates or does the crashing of windows explorer.exe deals with intel updates i downloaded, (Chipset INF files and sound drivers where the only two downlads i installed?

Could this be a sign of hardware trouble? IE motherboard/hardware/controller?

Or could there be a bug in the intel drivers that are causing my explorer to crash??

Edited by aq2, 27 July 2007 - 10:54 PM.

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2007 - 08:01 AM

Without knowing a whole lot about your system, it's difficult to tell what the problem is because there are so many things that could be affecting it. This presumes that your Vista isn't corrupted, that you downloaded and installed the correct, Vista compatible drivers, that your BIOS, mobo, and other hardware is Vista compatible, etc, etc, etc.

Try checking your Event Viewer for error messages around the time that explorer.exe crashes (type Event Viewer into the Start search).

#9 aq2

aq2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2007 - 09:36 AM

ok , I just going to see how long it runs without installing the intel drivers .If it runs fine for me with no problems then i just not going to mess with them.

I never thought that my copy of vista is corrupted,Its a OEM version so maybe that could be my problem. everything is vista compatible i built for dx10 games so It ready for vista.

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549b091, faulting module explorer.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549b091, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0003278d, process id 0x78c, application start time 0x01c7ce3c7c6d521f

Thats the error i was getting but the time stamp would always been different

#10 aq2

aq2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:06 PM

Well i ran the system the whole day and its ran 100%. Not a problem.

I'm really thinking that Intel driver updates could been or is the problem what was causing the explorer.exe to crash.

Any thoughts anyone?

Well I'm not 100% sure but i think I found the problem, It was the sound drivers,I was trying to install drivers that were not made for my system. I think that was the problem.

I was to install these drivers
Audio: Sigmatel* 92XX Driver (7342KB)
6.10.5405_V73 4/23/2007

but i installed this driver
Audio: Sigmatel* (IDT*) 92XX Driver (15661KB)
5.10.5511.0 7/10/2007
And after installing the above driver, I think my problems started. I'm really hoping that was my problem.

Edited by aq2, 28 July 2007 - 10:58 PM.

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:36 AM

The documentation on the 2 Sigmatel drivers is poor (IMO) - I just installed the first one on my wife's system and then installed the second one also (without any conflicts or warning messages). I'd suggest installing the v6.10.5405_V73 drivers also.

#12 aq2

aq2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:16 PM

I was using the 6.10.5405_V73 and everything was fine. Then i went to the intel site and looked at the updates and saw that they had new sound drivers which came out at 7/10/07 and i download installed the drivers, soon after installing my problems started.

After looking at them and some looking on google I'm pretty sure they are two different drivers and the "Audio: Sigmatel* (IDT*) 92XX Driver (15661KB)
5.10.5511.0 7/10/2007 " these drivers are for my board but doesn't work for me (IDT*) 9220, 9221, 9221D, 9223, 9227 or 9274D So by installing these i think it was causing my problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users