Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Constantly Refreshes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 leber

leber

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:37 PM

I think there is something seriously wrong with my computer. Most of the time the icons on my desktop keeps refreshing, when I try to view My Computer all the folders and stuff in there keeps refreshing and when I go online everything keeps refreshing and it's impossible to navigate(on my roommates' computer right now). I don't know if this will help or not, but when i go into excel it doesn;t refresh, the Go To window keeps popping up though. Even in safe mode I still experience the flashing effect but it comes in spurts. Please Help.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:29 PM

Please describe your computer OS, keyboard, mouse. How old is the computer? When the refreshing happens does it just flicker or actually refresh the page you are viewing? Sounds like it could be a hardware problem. Video card going bad or sticking keys or dirty mouse. Have you checked the event viewer?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 leber

leber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:21 PM

Please describe your computer OS, keyboard, mouse. How old is the computer? When the refreshing happens does it just flicker or actually refresh the page you are viewing? Sounds like it could be a hardware problem. Video card going bad or sticking keys or dirty mouse. Have you checked the event viewer?

I have a HP laptop running Windows XP and I got it about a year ago. I'm pretty confident that it is not a keyboard or mouse problem because when my computer acts normally, I can type and do everything normally. When my computer acts up when I try to use a desktop icon, all the icons flicker like the desktop is being refreshed. They stop usually when I hit that start menu. When I'm browsing the internet, the page will actually refresh and it refreshes so quick that I'm not able to navigate at all. When I go into safe mode to run some virus scans, this problem still occurs there also.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:33 PM

You will get more attention to this problem if you post in the forum in the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/56/windows-xp-home-and-professional/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users