Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buying Some Headphones!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:05 PM

I want to buy some headphones for an upcoming MP4 player and I wanted to hear your opinion about what headphones I should get. I pretty much want to become an audiophile, because surely you buy a $600 headphone for a reason. I want them to be IN THE EAR, not around it, so earbuds or canal phones will be first choice. I want great sound, durability, low power consumption, and comfort, preferably under $50, but if something under $100 comes up, let me know as well. Yes, a tall order, just show me the best you can come up with.

BTW this is current top pick. If you find anything better, please let me know.

Edited by Ryan 3000, 24 July 2007 - 02:08 PM.

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:30 PM

I would reccomend either These from Bose or These from Sennheiser.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 dfence

dfence

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:44 PM

i'm with sneakycyber here on Sennheiser over Sony, check the net for reviews. I have Sennheisers HD555 and am extremely happy with their high-end products. whilst mine are full cup in design i did listen to quite a few of their range at a local electrics store and those buds were awesome for their size. it may be the case that where you purchase from may NOT accept a return or exchange for health regulations so you may want to consider not buying online and going around shops testing them first with demo models

good luck :;):
I'm not as think as you drunk I am

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:43 PM

I suggest Sennheiser, I've had their HD 570 headphones for almost four years and they hold up very well.

3939.png

#5 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:42 PM

Anybody have firsthand experience with the Sennheiser CX300-S headphones? Would be nice to have a comparison from someone.

There's one thing I forgot to mention. I want them to be moderately disposable, like if I break a pair it won't be a loss and I can buy another one. What can you come up with for under $50?

Edited by Ryan 3000, 24 July 2007 - 08:55 PM.

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#6 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:01 AM

Sennheiser is a good brand, but I know nothing about their earbuds. I have a great headset that has lasted me over a year, with no complaints and a lot of drops on a wood floor.

Posted Image

#7 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:28 PM

If any of you are interested, I am buying the supportplus Black 20GB thing they are selling on NewEgg. I have not been able to find the supportplus site (request urgent help!!! it's not the same place that sells ergonomic stuff, I checked) and I think their tech support is a mess. And since I can't get straight pricing on a Sorell SV-10 (the original sp Black 20GB before rebranded), which originally cost $800 but I know it's gone down since, but this rebranded thing is eating me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alright my email isn't working right now, I know this is a weird request, but could someone then this email to info@supportplususa.com ?

I am interested in buying the Supportplus Black 20GB SP-PMP PMP51C-0003 and you have advertised the product as having a screen with a 640x480 max resolution. I am confused because I have received mixed reviews from NewEgg where they are selling your product, and many of those reviews argue that it is 320x240. To confuse things further, the Sorell SV-10, before rebranding, has a resolution of 720x480. All I want to know is, what is the ACTUAL max resolution possible on the SupportPlus's screen?

PS what are any other differences between the Sorell SV-10 and your product?

Thanks a bunch,
Ryan
rtr117@insightbb.com

Edited by Ryan 3000, 25 July 2007 - 12:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users