Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

More Than 1 Process Of An Program

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 infam0us

infam0us

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:41 PM

Hi, I randomly get more than 1 process of a particular program sometimes, for example 2 processes of utorrent, 2 processes of firefox. This nearly always happens with firefox, and when I end the process using the lesser amount of memory, it doesn't come back most the time, however still does on some occasions. I noticed this a few weeks ago, but I haven't made any major alterations to my system which may have caused this. I've done a few virus/trojan scans and they come up clean.

Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:11 AM

:thumbsup: to BC infam0us

That sometimes happens to me, when my computer freezes on me for a bit, but it always disappears. Malware is known to toy around with computers.

Just being curious here, what programs did you scan with, when did this start to happen and did you download/change anything on your computer that day(if you remember)?
Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users