Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Starting Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jsndrfrd

jsndrfrd

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:45 AM

I have a Toshiba laptop that was purchased in Dec 2004, that has given me more trouble than it's worth. About 7 or 8 months ago, the battery died while I was out and about, so when I got home, I plugged it in, waited a little while and turned it on. The power lights were all on and the internal fan would run for about 4 seconds then stop. The screen would remain black. Sometimes, if I waited a couple of minutes, it would start up. Sometimes, it'd be days before Windows would load. I sent it off to be fixed (as I have a warranty with it) and they sent it back about 3 weeks ago. They repaired the mother board (which has already been replaced once) and said that some of my problems were caused by software that has been installed. Last night, it was on and I used it for a while (unplugged). When I got ready to go to bed, I plugged it back in, set it down, and it died. It hadn't been off the charger for 30 minutes, and it died! I tried to turn it back on and yet again, only the power lights are on (and the battery was charged last night when it died because even off the charger, the power lights were illuminated). I left it to load all night, and it has still not loaded. Any suggestions on a repair? I am clueless as to why this is occurring. Please help!!!!!!

Thanks,
Jessica

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:02 AM

Hi jsndrfd, can I ask what opertating system you are using? I would be running XP if possible but it depends on you finances.
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users