Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computers Space Seems To Be Deteriorating At A Perplexing Rate...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stoj

Stoj

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:18 AM

Ok... My C: Drive (Main Hard Drive) has a total capacity of 180 GB... It's now got lets see 40 GB worth of space left... The computer is performing slower, and seems to be losing a GB worth of space every day (i.e. 48, 47, 46, etc). I tried to figure out whether there was something ballooning in a particular folder, and I found out just yesterday that it is in the TEMP folder.

The program, I think, that is growing is "LSBurnWatcher". It is currently, 105 GB in size, and I'm not sure as to whether anything dire will happen to my computer if I delete it.

With that said... I do want to delete it, and I'm just wondering if I need that program.

EDIT: "LSBurnWatcher" is a Notepad Text Document.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:22 AM

LSBurnWatcher is HP software which helps one create labels after a music CD is burned using LightScribe disks.

Link
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Stoj

Stoj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:24 AM

LSBurnWatcher is HP software which helps one create labels after a music CD is burned using LightScribe disks.

Link

Thats a relief...

One more question... Why does it get so big???

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:28 AM

I have never used it so I'm not sure. There may be an option within the program to clean out temp files.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 Stoj

Stoj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:32 AM

Well it's been deleted and now I've got 151GB of free space.

I'm happier... And again. Thankyou for your assistance.

#6 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:34 AM

It is a worry that this file is a txt file though. Is this were a program it would be lsburnwatcher.exe

This a litle strange also that the file is so big. 105GB is a huge file and I have never seen any file of that size in my life Apart from databases of course. I would say delete it if this is a file that is needed I am sure it will be recreated if the file is a system file. I would say it could be a file that is created as a log or something like that. You can't keep the file if it is that big anyway so you may aswell delete it and if it stops the lightscribe program from working then uninstall and reinstall the lightscribe product. I am more concerned that it is in the temp directory. If it were for a program then it would be filed in Program files or something simular.

Anyway I would delete the file. If you are worried about it ruining your system take a backup first. Maybe a good idea to do this anyway.
Posted Image

#7 Stoj

Stoj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:41 AM

Yeah... It was very worrying. And as you said, If it is a system file, no need to worry about deleting it.

Thanks guys, you've prevented me from getting stress, or heck, even calling in a computer tech (which cost money lol).

Cheers!

Edited by Stoj, 24 July 2007 - 06:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users