Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Find Folder In The Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Harmo

Harmo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:46 PM

Hi,
First Of all i hope this is the right place for my question.

Have windows XP Pro SP2,

Latelly Find 2 Entries In Add Remove Programs, Reading 1 as "Upgrade (d:\Program Files \)" with Size of 21,177.00 MB and 2nd as "Upgrade (D:\Program Files\Upgrade\)" Size 21,635.00 MB.

Both these Entries have Windows Media Player Sign in the Beginning

And i Have not seen these before.

I try to look in D:\Program.. including Hidden folders and cant find it

Please Let Me Know Where these come from, And if i delete these from Add Remove, what Could happen, since these are using too much of hard drive's space.

Thanks

Edited by Harmo, 23 July 2007 - 10:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:10 AM

Hi Harmo and welcome to bleeping computer.

Do these read Window Media Player Hotfix or Windows Media Player system update? If they do then they are just updates from M$.

Edited by dc3, 24 July 2007 - 01:11 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:34 AM

Hi Harmo
A very warm welcome to BleepingComputer.

If the figures you supplied above are correct, we are looking at 2 files of around 21GB each which is plain crazy. Get a copy of SEQUOIA VIEW and check your drive with that. Any massive file will show up immediately and you will have a path to it.

http://w3.win.tue.nl/nl/onderzoek/onderzoe...n/sequoiaview//

Let us know how you go.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#4 Harmo

Harmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:12 PM

Thanks DC3 and rowal5555 for your good advice, however after deleating some old unwanted Pgms. Disk Cleaning and disk defragmentation there are Changes in the Add Remove Program. Although it did not go away completly but now it Reads Entry # 1 as "Upgrade (d:\Program Files\) Size 3556.00MB" Still Big File, I cannot fide any where and #2 as "Upgrade (D:\Program Files\Upgrade\) without any Size". Note the location "d" and"D" is one diffirence, and Size is the other. I do Gain unused space by about 20Gb. Any Thoughts.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users