Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Removal?!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 9020hc

9020hc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:52 PM

The Trojan tutorial seemed like just what I needed...I understood it and followed ALL the directions.
Hmmm... so why was the infected filename not showing up in the autoruns list?! I tried for 2 hours to figure this out without any answers or success. I have a Trojan but can't remove it based on these instructions. I should've known it couldn't be so simple. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:10 PM

Hi, 9020hc :welcome to bc, there are a couple of questions about this issue, first, what program is detecting this Trojan Horse, and secondly, what is it called?
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 9020hc

9020hc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:04 AM

Hello there,

Spysweeper w/ Antivirus picked it up during one of my weekly sweeps. It says it found a Troj/AdClick-EE virus, but says nothing about removing it! While spysweeper quarantines cookies, after the virus it says 'Quarantine Fa...' in red. I think this means the quarantine doesn't work for the virus. I've searched the help section and it says nothing about this. Under the name of the virus, it says infected file is c:\programfiles\music_now\inetchk.exe
This was the filename I was looking for in the autoruns list.
So far, my computer is not doing anything strange...yet!

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:05 AM

Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below. DO NOT post the log in this forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

The malware you have is rather new and difficult to remove.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users