Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32 Trojandropper

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 melinaranalli

melinaranalli

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:31 PM

Hello

My symantec antivirus keeps telling me that I have the Trojan Vundo virus. I have followed your instructions to try and get rid of the virus but my computer is still infected.

I have only just registered and am following the steps involved before i post a hijackthis log. I have run ad aware and it found 47 items 2 of these were malware. One of them was successfully removed but the other one can not be removed it is called Win32.trojandropper

Should I contine with the next steps ie spybot etc or is there something else i should do first?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:33 AM

Lets try to kill this, and then you can continue with the preparation guide.

Please run a BitDefender Online Scan
  • Click I Agree to agree to the EULA.
  • Allow the ActiveX control to install when prompted.
  • Click Click here to scan to begin the scan.
  • Please refrain from using the computer until the scan is finished. This might take a while to run, but it is important that nothing else is running while you scan.
  • When the scan is finished, click on Click here to export the scan results.
  • Save the report to your desktop so you can post it in your next reply.

The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users