Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003 Annoyance - Opening Attachment Warning

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jasbags

Jasbags

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:50 PM

Hi everyone

hoping someone can assist with a tweak to Outlook 2003.

For some reason everytime i try and open an attachment in Outlook i get a warning saying "You should only open attachments from a trustworthy source" I then get an option to open, save or cancel. This is SO annoying.

Under the open, save or cancel options is a ticked check box which is flagged 'Always ask before opening this type of file'. Now i know this is the area i need to 'uncheck' so it doesn't always ask me before opening this type of file, however this option is 'greyed out' (ie i can not uncheck the check box!!).

I hope i have explained that well enough for someone to stear me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers / Jason

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:40 AM

Review this under the client setup section. This does involve changing registry so be careful. This is only a solution and if you are not competant in changing registry then do not do the processes described.

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm
Posted Image

#3 Jasbags

Jasbags
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:25 PM

Review this under the client setup section. This does involve changing registry so be careful. This is only a solution and if you are not competant in changing registry then do not do the processes described.

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm

Damn!! This is WAY out of my league. I was hoping for a simple fix.

Ohh well........back to extra clicks for every attachment. :thumbsup:

Thanks / Jason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users