Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LOST!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Keith111

Keith111

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 28 January 2005 - 07:02 AM

I am having major problems with this computer. It keeps freezing up. I can't run any virus scanners or spyware scanners. Am trying to reformat and load Win Xp Pro, but it freezes up while trying to do that. any help would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2005 - 12:04 PM

Where does it freeze? As you are doing the install,?

#3 Keith111

Keith111
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2005 - 12:28 PM

Grinler,

It freezes up on the screen where you choose whether you want to repair, delete or install on the existing partition. I cannot make the choice because I am froze.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2005 - 01:03 PM

Are you using a USB keyboard or wireless keyboard? Are you starting the install from within windows or are you booting up with the cd inserter and booting off the cd?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users