Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keeps Rebooting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mdoggy39

mdoggy39

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 04:13 PM

Hi guys, am working on comp. AMD 800mhz, 384 ram, windows xp. owner says power supply burnt out, he replaced it, then couldnt get anything on moniter, he got a new vid card. Said he still couldnt get anything.
I got it to boot after removing all hardware, except , hd,ram,vid card.
Then it didnt recognize hard drive, swapped it out with known working harddrive. Recognized it, but when going from boot to starting op sys. it then reboots every time.
Any ideas what I can try. Maybe mobo??
ram?
thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:53 PM

I would guess that there is a short in the mobo. He said that the PSU burnt out, I think it would be best to find out if it just stopped working, or it blew out while in use or on start up. If it blew out, there is a good possibility it took the mobo with it. Check the components in another machine to see if they still work. If they do, you know it's the mobo. If not, than you know what component is the problem.

Regards,
TheYoda

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users