Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Normaliz.dll

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glenntwo

glenntwo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:20 PM

I removed IE7 from my computer for the express purpose of reloading from scratch, and now all i get is this error message:

bcmwltry.exe - unable to locate component

"this application has failed to start because normaliz.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I've tried booting in safe mode and still get the same message there. I tried to boot with the last known good configuration in safe mode and the same happened. I even tried to boot into safe mode with command prompt, to try to run system restore, but that didnt work either. I have no idea what is going on here, and i have no disks to reload windows with. Can anyone please help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:16 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer glenntwo :thumbsup:

Re: bcmwltry.exe

You may need to reinstall your BroadCom Wireless Ian Card Software.

If you don't use this type of software, go to Start/ Run and type msconfig then Okay. In the Startup Tab, locate the bcmwltry.exe file, Disable it, click Okay then reboot.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 yukieikoma

yukieikoma

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:23 PM

I have tried the same things as you have. I even tried to locate the bcmwltry.exe thing in the start-up, but it's no where to be found. I'm currently working off of my older laptop that runs on windows 2000 pro so that I can at least get connected to the internet... anyway, Gah! HELP!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:09 AM

Worth a look, Normaliz.dll Errors.

Louis

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:26 AM

Just a note unrelated to your issue. Removing IE completely can cause more issues then its worth.

Just a question why did you remove IE?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users