Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Problem Installed Flash Player Activex Control For Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 viperguy

viperguy

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:20 PM

It seems to go into a loop, one day I had flash on my IE but then it stopped working, now each time I get to page such as youtube, the active x control pops up i install it, it reloads the page after it installs, then same thing happens where it says i dont have it and the active x repops up again asking to install, so it just goes into a loop... by the way it works on firefox tho :flowers:

I took a screenshot of what I get after I install it, its either this screen

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/orbit18/flashhelp.jpg

or it will just ask over and over again to install it.

Ive tried uninstalling IE from the windows components then reinstalling, didnt help, tried uninstalling the flash active x control and still didint help, tried changing the security settings on IE nothing :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:37 PM

Get firefox!

#3 viperguy

viperguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:38 PM

Get firefox!

lol, i do have firefox i use it as my main browser :thumbsup:, but i also use IE for certain websites etc... :flowers: so i guess that plan wont work too well!

by the way i said it works in firefox up in my post above :trumpet:

Edited by viperguy, 23 July 2007 - 01:39 PM.

#4 viperguy

viperguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:22 PM

anyone got any good ideas what it could be? :thumbsup:

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:40 AM

I would try uninstalling Flash using the instructions at this page and then re-installing it.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 viperguy

viperguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:33 AM

I would try uninstalling Flash using the instructions at this page and then re-installing it.

yeh i already tried that but it didnt work at all :thumbsup: damn!

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:55 AM

Are there any security/tweaking programs installed that might be preventing flash from installing?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 viperguy

viperguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:54 PM

Are there any security/tweaking programs installed that might be preventing flash from installing?

nope this just happened out of nowhere one day and i dont use any tweak programs i usually do stuff by myself manually :thumbsup:

and all Im running avg, but it never interferred before

#9 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2007 - 02:27 PM

Here is a thread with a few different ideas....

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/lofiversion/in...hp/t125178.html

Good luck to you...I had the same problem a while back before I started using Firefox.

#10 viperguy

viperguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:53 AM

Here is a thread with a few different ideas....

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/lofiversion/in...hp/t125178.html

Good luck to you...I had the same problem a while back before I started using Firefox.

i tried everything in that thread no damn luck :thumbsup:

#11 viperguy

viperguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:28 PM

bump just wondering if anyone else has any ideas :thumbsup:

#12 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

1) If you have an XP install disc and you are running IE6: In Explorer click Tools > Folder Options > View tab
In Advanced Settings make the radio button 'Show hidden files and folders' show a dot. Uncheck 'Hide protected operating system files'. Click OK. Open up an Explorer window and navigate to C:\WINDOWS\inf . Right-click on the file ie.inf and choose Install. There will be a popup asking you to load your XP install disc. Do so and IE6 will be reinstalled.

It's best to go back into Explorer and turn off those 2 file/folder visability options to avoid accidental deletions in the future.

2) Try installing or re-installing IE7.

#13 viperguy

viperguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:25 AM

tried installing ie7 just today once again, still same problem :thumbsup:

#14 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:05 AM

You can uninstall IE7 from the Control Panel...Add/Remove Programs applet in XP
You can repair IE6 by uninstalling and reinstalling SP2 using the Control Panel...Add/Remove Programs applet in XP

If neither of these works, then I'd have to wonder what setting is causing this in your IE (since Firefox works). Try setting everything back to default (and running IE7 without add-ons).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#15 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:29 AM

There are different flash player listings for IE and Non IE:

http://www.filehippo.com/search?q=flash+plugins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users