Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Stored Emails Within Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scotjohn

scotjohn

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:21 AM

Okay folks wonder if anyone here can offer any advice on this one then ??!!

checked my email account last week via my usual method off outlook express only to be somewhat surprised to see that every one off my stored emails had dissapeared, checked again a while later and now found that my sent messages had now gone also !!

so okay only thing I done last week was to sign up for an alternative email address to go alongside my older wanadoo one, did not delete the wanadoo account, only signed up via the orange homepage for a second account to use to try stop the amount off spam I was beginning to get !!! and was able to sign in and out off each account and check emails from both accounts okay, one strange thing I did notice was that all the stored messages for my old account on the orange homepage email web server were also missing ??!!

now I did not change my original email account within outlook express ie kept the same account etc so why or why are all my email messages now gone ??!! surely orange themselves cant delete messages in your outlook express account can they ??

so okay anyway off retrieving the missing messages from outlook express ?? was advised to go into c:\documents and settings\administrator etc and check the hidden files and try restore them that way but for some reason my pc `s add bar was even recognise c::\documents and settings etc, keep getting a file path not found message .

Help !!!!!!!!!

p.s sorry using windows xp.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:47 PM

Hi scotjohn

Sounds like the user files in Outlook Express have become corrupt.

Please read this article about future prevention and recovering from the corruption: File Corruption in Outlook Express.

There is also OE Tips; Tip #4 Recovering lost messages.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users