Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pinged My Ip, Error Code 65

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 typhoone

typhoone

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:05 AM

okay, the other day my buddy bought a copy of Zone Alarm Security Suite, but it wouldn't install....very aggravating. it would get to 14% and then crash. well, since that wouldn't work and he wanted antivirus i put the free version of avg on there until we can figure out how to get the zonealarm to work...he paid for it....he wants to use it. well, after we installed avg and then shut the computer down for the day i went on home about my business. well, next day he calls me up and says that he can't get on the web. i go over there, go into the command prompt, do an ipconfig, find his ip, ping it....and i get error code 65. did some research and found that this occurs because of zonealarm firewall is blocking the internet....zonealarm isn't on the computer, it wouldn't go on. i checked in the add/remove programs, nothing there. i deleted the program files folder for zonealarm, still no internet. i was just wondering if any of you know what could be causing this problem. please help.

thanks in advance.

-Typhoone

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:15 AM

You may have corrupt Winsock settings. Try the following:

1. Log on as Administrator.
2. Go Start > Run, type: "cmd" and press ENTER
3. Type: "netsh winsock reset" and press ENTER.
4. When it is finished you should receive the following message: "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the machine in order to complete the reset."
5. Close the command window and reboot.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users