Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp slow DOWN!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shizam_rll

Shizam_rll

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 28 January 2005 - 12:28 AM

Alright, So i upgraded to Xp from 98 on two computers. Of course my sisters computer is fine, but my computer on the other hand is anything but. What happens is that it starts out alright and its good for a few hours but then it starts Slowing down like really slowing down, to the point where it freezes , but if i reset it its alright again for thoughs few hours but then it starts slowing down . I tried uninstalling everything i could think of ( i didnt have that much time to install anything given i only had like 3 hours) and it still did it i even went as far as to format the harddrive and start all over. But the same thing. Its not a new computer but tis not old. Its running 384mb RAM and 500MHz prosser (Yes i know)
Now both of the computers are the same model and year (mine and my sisters) with the same OS. But mine wont work. and if your thinkin its the hard drive its not because the already tried another one..... Help me please my body cant stand anymore of these sleepless nights of just crying, and because i REALLY need this computer for school work!

Thanks, Jimmy :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 28 January 2005 - 12:11 PM

Is it possible she has newer drivers on some of the hardware than you do? Try updating the drivers for your video, network card, sound etc . Sounds like a memory leak.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users