Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acrobat Reader Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 prabu

prabu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:26 AM

am using 256 mb ram and acrobat reader 8. when i open acrobat reader file, my pc is restarted.
how can solve this problem?

Edited by prabu, 23 July 2007 - 12:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:05 AM

If your running Windows XP on 256MB of RAM, I suggest you use a program that's lighter on resources, like Foxit PDF Reader.

Although XP will run on 256MB of RAM, it's just barely.
If you want to continue to use Adobe, I suggest you increase your RAM to a minimum of, 512MB.
Since RAM is fairly cheap, I recommend increasing it anyway.
You will notice a significant increase in performance.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:33 AM

You can find that increasing the size of the paging file will solve some issues. Although this is mostly due to low ram. I would say for XP 512 is a min if you wish to run applications. Increasing the ram to 512 will be minimal cost and make sure the machine will run faster and able to run multiple programs at once. To be honest though I personally think they should state with XP to have 1024mb of ram. This is what I think all XP machines should run on to make the full use of its features and programs.
Posted Image

#4 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:03 PM

I second the Foxit idea. It's the best thing since sliced bread.
Small, fast, never calls home, no forced updates, just does the job without any of the A-fluff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users