Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bee Infected: Winantispyware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 sckasf

sckasf

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:00 PM

:thumbsup: I have no idea how this got my computer!!! I've never experienced such an awful program. The Alert is a permanent
window in the lower right hand part of my screen. The problem started shortly after I installed my brand new Wireless keyboard
and mouse. I don't think this could have anything to do with it. I'm in desperate need of some guidance. Thank you a million
in advance :flowers: Scott

Edited by KoanYorel, 22 July 2007 - 06:05 PM.
Moved from Windows XP forum to the more appropriate

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:12 PM

Hello, sckasf, lets try to clean the junk out, if we cant cleanup completely here, we will refer you to the hijack this forum.

Lets start with Rogue Remover Free. Please download Rogue Remover Free. Save the download file where you normally keep your downloads. Double click the saved file to start the installer, when the installation is finished, uncheck the show readme box, leave the run box checked. Use the link in the main box to check for updates, when you find updates download them. Once this is completed, please click the scan link. If Rogue Remover finds anything, it will walk you through the remaining steps. If it needs to restart your computer, allow it. Please post your results here.

OF

Edited by oldf@rt, 22 July 2007 - 06:12 PM.

The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:34 PM

Follow cleanup suggestions:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44525

#4 sckasf

sckasf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:56 PM

I installed and ran in safe mode SuperAntiSpyware and found like 231 problems. That didn't work so next I ran a SmitFraudfix tool and nope still have this wonderful pop up in the bottom right hand side that doesn't let me close nor can i unistall the traditional way. I got the initial 2 steps from buddy215 as he replyed to another user. Buuuuut unfort. I'm still stuck with this absolutely obnoxious program. Please any help/directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you BC community.

Scott

#5 sckasf

sckasf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:02 PM

okay tried downloading and it's not free :thumbsup: did i click on the wrong link? thanks

#6 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:07 PM

The free version of Superantispyware can be found here.

sckasf,

Please stick to one topic when you are posting about this issue. It is very hard for members to track the thread across multiple topics and provide the help you seek.

~mod edit - Topics merged to maintain continuity ~ rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#7 sckasf

sckasf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:35 PM

Okay Sorry about that Rigel. Will do no problem. I just posted my HIjack this log which hopefully is okay.

#8 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:42 PM

No problem sckasf... that's fine. :thumbsup:

Our HJT team is one of the best on the web . With that said, please now follow only the advice of the HJT team member who takes your log. They will review your log and give you custom instructions just for your problem. Please be patient with them. That area of the forums is very busy and they are all volunteers.

Good luck with your fix! You are in very good hands.

Since you have an open HJT log, I am now closing this topic. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users