Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registery Emptying

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tgoddess

Tgoddess

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

Since I got my sony vaio laptop my HPCU/software/ms/windows/cv/run folder was FULL of programs (which I kept an eye on) & at least 8 were from SONY.
NOW since I have had a virus and thought I removed it and still the computer is starting UP SLOW lately.. That reg folder is empty except for
" ctfmon.exe" which I know is ok to keep. I DID NOT delete these programs; could it be that my webroot or Avast is over controlling me?

NOW....Also sometimse upon shut down I must wait for "O.exe" to close.. PREVIOUSLY in one of the forums here, I inquired about o.exe and one of u
suggested I update my java which was a HUGE ORDEAL but that o.exe still remains.. i cannot locate it anywhere.
I RUN WEBROOT spy sweeper w/AV AND Avast! on access scanner w/the virus recover DB.

I did have Hijack THIS installed but the only way to access it WAS thru my "run" command.. NOW SUDDENLY it's not there.
I have an odd feeling my ex is hacking me (sometimes, my passwords are changed)

Any suggestions?
Susana :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tgoddess

Tgoddess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:58 AM

To myself above, an addition to the post as I just installed AUTORUNS and discovered that my start up programs which used to be in
HKCU are now in the HKLM folder!

ANY idea how they moved from one to the other w/o my permission?
COULD This be the work of a hacker who's doing whatever it takes to have easier access to my computer?
Veerrrrry currrious..
can ya help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users