Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Word 2003 Eula

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mhemlock

Mhemlock

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 22 July 2007 - 12:25 AM

Good Morning, I got a new laptop. Successfully loaded out MS Office 2003 from disc. I was successful in registering/validating it with Microsoft. All works fine. I am able to perform all Word functions. The only problem is every time I open Word it presents me with the End User License Agreement and asks that I ACCEPT or DECLINE. I have accepted it over 10 times, but it will ask me again the next time I load Word.

Any ideas as to whats going on? Or, any suggestions as to how I can stop the EULA persistence.

Thank you all for your help and assitance.

MHEMLOCK

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:13 AM

Maybe this information from Microsoft will help:

"You must accept the Office End User License Agreement every time that you start an Office program":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202

There is also this page, which references the same Knowledge Base article from Microsoft:

http://uksbsguy.com/blogs/doverton/archive...-coming-up.aspx

Edited by M..., 22 July 2007 - 10:22 AM.

#3 Mhemlock

Mhemlock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 22 July 2007 - 12:11 PM

M...

Thank you! Your advice and instructions resolved the problem. I modified the Registry Entry for Office 2003 and, now, no more EULA.

Thanks, again. Much appreciated.

Mhemlock

Edited by Mhemlock, 22 July 2007 - 12:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users