Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojans in System Restore

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JC13390

JC13390

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:34 PM

Hello, I have three trojan files that appear to be locked in my system restore files. These files where discovered by trend micro which unfortunately was unable to clean them because the system restore files were in use. I tried turning off system restore and trend micro was still unable to clean them. If anyone knows any other methods your help would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 don77

don77

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 3,212 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:44 PM

Hi JC13390
If you have not do so yet, Please enable System Restore, Then give another run with TrendMicro,

In order to remove the infected files from System Restore you want to Disable then enable it to. This will delete the previous Restore points,

Let us know how you make out,

#3 JC13390

JC13390
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2005 - 02:42 PM

I have been trying to enable system restore by:
right click:My Computer>properties>file system>remove check from disable system restore. I am then prompted to restart my computer upon restarting I go back to the properties and the disable system restore has been rechecked. Does this sound normal?

#4 don77

don77

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 3,212 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2005 - 08:54 AM

Visit the Tutorial Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users