Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backup Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deep07

deep07

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:55 AM

grrr...i cant use the backup and restore option in my vista ultimate :huh: ,after selecting the drive to be used as backup location to make a complete backup of the system,the system shows that backup has failed and displays the error code 0*80780018...i am using dual boot and this seems the only option to restore my system in case of problems, since restore points created in vista gets deleted automatically when i use xp...anybody please help me in fixing the problem

Edited by deep07, 21 July 2007 - 12:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:14 AM

There seems to be several people on the web with this issue - but no resolution that I've seen. I'd have to suggest a restore of Vista as an attempt to fix it.

Otherwise, try using the free Virtual Machines that are available (Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 or the VMWare Player) to run XP in a virtual machine. It works well on my Ultimate system and I don't have to mess with dual-booting.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 deep07

deep07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:15 AM

Thanks for the suggestion bro :huh: ...it seems the only way to fix the problem as of now let's see whether ms fix it atleast in sp1....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users