Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ripping a dvr

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gandcsundvik

gandcsundvik

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:48 PM

I have lot of VHS tapes of my kids, so I copied them all to DVD-R via DVD recorder. They work great on my DVD player, but when I try to put them into Movie Maker or Premiere they won't read the Video_TS format SO I bought a DVD ripper and "ripped" them to my harddrive to change them to a MPEG format BUT I only get the first 29 seconds of video. I am using a DVD rip n' burn software. Help! Thanks, in advance. So, I am getting it to work, but I can't get it to record my whole video so that I can put it into some movie software and make a cool movie for my son's graduation. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2005 - 03:53 AM

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/software

If all your movie plays, just copy the video_ts folder from the DVD onto your hdd and merge the vob files (ie the movie content not the menu vob) together with filemerger available from above site. This will give you a large vob file. Then simply extract the audio and video file from the merged vob with vobedit 0.6 again from above site make sure you opted to show all tools to see vobedit.

A vob vile is merely a glorified mpg file, so you will get a m2v video file extracted.

You should then be able to import the video and audio file into premiere.

If you want to create a mpg from the vob simply multiplex the audio and video together with bbmpeg from here, if you have XP you'll need the xp patch.

See doom9 for instructions on using bbmpeg if you've not used it before.

Edited by stidyup, 28 January 2005 - 03:54 AM.

#3 gandcsundvik

gandcsundvik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2005 - 01:44 PM

MMMMM. Still can't get it to work. What software do you recommend for a rookie like me...I want to take my DVD-Rs in Video_TS format and convert them to MPEG so that I can manipulate them in a Movie Making Program. I have tried DVD rip n burn and a decrypter and can't seen to be able to do anything. Thank you for your help. Very much appreciated.

#4 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:07 AM

Try using DGMPGDec, load the vobs with this tool.

The beta which is here will demux both the audio and video stream for you.

The stable version can be downloaded here.

If your happy with scripting this tool also creates a d2v file that you can use with avisynth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users