Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avsystemcare

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 intacity

intacity

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 21 July 2007 - 03:34 AM

hi i've got this thing called avsystemcare that keeps poping up wanting me to scan my lappy i,ve search here for a way to get rid of it but found nothing and am more baffled now than before after reading some of the stuff on here. please help me i just dont know where to turn. i have avg antivirus free edition which finds nothing wrong as does avg antispyware?
thanks inadvance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 news4la

news4la

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 21 July 2007 - 05:48 AM

Posted Image <LI class=tabModOff>SUMMARY <LI class=tabModOn>TECHNICAL DETAILS <LI class=tabModOff>REMOVAL Updated: June 15, 2007 2:06:52 PMType: OtherRisk Impact: LowSystems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP

Behavior

The misleading applicatoin can be manually downloaded and installed, or it may be installed by a downloader, without the user's consent.

If manually executed, it presents an installation wizard, with one dialog box including a EULA.

The application reports false detections for a number of Trojan horses.

Edited by news4la, 21 July 2007 - 05:50 AM.

On AIR,On LINE,On THE GO!

#3 news4la

news4la

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 21 July 2007 - 05:56 AM

I'm sorry it came out so messy. It was taken from Symantec site.
On AIR,On LINE,On THE GO!

#4 intacity

intacity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:22 AM

thanks tried thier scan nothing found but it still keeps opening pages and asking me to download its virus protection anymore ideas?

#5 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:02 PM

What you mean by tried their scan? Avsystemcare scan?

Did you install the program yourselves? or did it get in without your knowledge? If it is still inside your system, maybe you could uninstall it.

I would suggest you to go for a online scan and see how it goes.

Please go HERE to run Panda's ActiveScan
  • Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
  • A new window will open...click the Check Now button
  • Enter your Country
  • Enter your State/Province
  • Enter your e-mail address and click send
  • Select either Home User or Company
  • Click the big Scan Now button
  • If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
  • It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
  • When download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scan
  • When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location. Post the contents of the ActiveScan report
Let us know how it goes.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2007 - 03:32 PM

Use Rogue remover to get rid of Avsystemcare.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover.php

Not sure how this got on your computer. To find out and remove all of the malware---
Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below. DO NOT post the log in this forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 intacity

intacity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:27 AM

hi Nikas, i tried symantic scan from the first reply the panda report is as follows

Incident Status Location

Spyware:Cookie/Go Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Tsaah\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\neoc8rpt.default\cookies.txt[.go.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Adrevolver Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Tsaah\Cookies\tsaah@media.adrevolver[2].txt
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/InternetGameBox Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\Temp\NSIS_Install_igb.exe[InternetGameBox.exe]

i await your advice
regards
paul

#8 tenacity

tenacity

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 22 July 2007 - 04:39 PM

hi i've got this thing called avsystemcare that keeps poping up wanting me to scan my lappy i,ve search here for a way to get rid of it but found nothing and am more baffled now than before after reading some of the stuff on here. please help me i just dont know where to turn. i have avg antivirus free edition which finds nothing wrong as does avg antispyware?
thanks inadvance

Behavior
The misleading applicatoin can be manually downloaded and installed, or it may be installed by a downloader, without the user's consent.

If manually executed, it presents an installation wizard, with one dialog box including a EULA.

The application reports false detections for a number of Trojan horses.

thanks tried thier scan nothing found but it still keeps opening pages and asking me to download its virus protection anymore ideas?

hi Nikas, i tried symantic scan from the first reply

intacity,

News4la, was trying to show you that avsystemcare was not a legitmate scanner. By no means, a suggestion to use it and run the scanner.
The post in news4la gave links showing what trojans are associated with it and the details of how to remove it.

But don't fret.
I would follow buddy215's advice being if you have avsystemcare on your pc, you may be infected with other malware as well. And a HijackThis log will determine if you are and will locate and remove it all.
Good Luck!

#9 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:22 PM

hi i've got this thing called avsystemcare that keeps poping up wanting me to scan my lappy

This is RIPOFFWARE. all they do is take your money after it messes up your computer.

Follow what BUDDY215 said.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#10 intacity

intacity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:50 AM

thanks folks have now done th scans and posted the hijack log what happens now?

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:11 AM

Wait for the Hijack This Team to respond.
If the Hijack This Team has NOT replied in 5 days after you posted your log, see info in link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic14717.html
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#12 intacity

intacity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:28 AM

hi thanks all lappy seems to be ok now thanks to the hijack this team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users