Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having A World Of Problems, Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ww11spg

ww11spg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:28 PM

Ok so let me first tell you its a wireless internet Dell Laptop. On it I have Prevx installed, the full version not a trial, and trial of spyware doctor, and an expired Mcafee.

Prevx opens upon startup and freezes if i try to scan or clean the viruses in my jail. So this is basically useless. However it also prevents my spyware doctor from opening up somehow and if i try to uninstall either it freezes before completion.

I recently tried to install Kaspersky(today) and when trying to install it says "install server not responding". I did this by downloading the .rar file onto a flash drive on this computer and then trying to install it on the laptop(other computer).

The flash drive now has two things on it that i did not put there which im guesing the laptop with a virus put on it. Therefore I am scared to put it back into this computer to try and figure another solution out.

If i attempt to open up the internet explorer it will stop responding before the page loads. I also cannot try to remove any programs as this also causes a freeze before i can do anything.(That is of course about the laptop)

If anyone could give me any help it would be very appreciated and I am willing to try and aid with any information I possibly can. Thank you so much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:09 PM

Have you tried uninstalling McAfee in Safe Mode? Having more than one Antivirus program installed on your computer will cause problems.
How To start Windows in Safe Mode
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

Suggest you post a Hijack This log. Follow the instructions in the link below as much as you can. Post the log in the Hijack This Forum--NOT in this forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Malware can block you from using security programs. I suggest before attempting to run the Hijack This program after you have downloaded it, to rename Hijack This. Right click on the .exe file and rename lastchancescan.exe

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 ww11spg

ww11spg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:30 PM

i did the safemode boot and mcafee unisntall and then was able to scan with my spyware doctor and i am all set now working one hundred percent! Thank you so much

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:47 PM

That is good that you are able to use your computer again. What about the infected flash drive?
Why not post a Hijack This log. Spyware Doctor is a good program but I doubt it found and removed any serious infection.
Best to be sure.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users