Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Start Up Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 piroz

piroz

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:25 PM

hi i am having a problem durning start up ,i have a asus motherboard ,when i turn on my cp the first thing that comes up is a full screen pic of asus than it goes on through the rest of the start up process.now the problem i am having is that sometimes when i start up when that asus screen comes up it gets stuck there and will not continue the rest of the start up process ,tried restarting with reset but the only thing that works is shuting it down holding the start up button in.sometimes it take a few trys and than it fires up. ran virus and adware scans but still does it .any help would be appreciated thanks see ya.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Roadblock

Roadblock

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:40 PM

You want want to try to download Bootvis... its a program made by Microsoft. Usually fixes problems like this.

It's worth a try

Edited by Roadblock, 20 July 2007 - 04:40 PM.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:14 PM

Might be a driver hanging up or corrupted. Open up Device Manager and look for any yellow exclamation points.
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:30 PM

You should run a chkdsk.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

#5 piroz

piroz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:51 PM

thanks for the help ran a check disk and i was missing 2 files and replaced them so far everything is working good again thanks for the help see ya .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users