Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Heal "dialer.drc"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Eagle7

Eagle7

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:37 PM

Hello everyone,

My AVG test results just showed the following: Not able to heal - Dialer.DRC, then gave me the location of it's whereabouts and finally said that it had been moved, but is infected.

As well, AVG found a trojan horse, "PHP/MPack.B" - said it was "Infected, Embedded Object, Infected Archive". Again, no idea of if my computer is now safe or not.

This is the first time I've ever had anything like this crop up, so would like to know what I should do next to make sure my computer is now safe.

I run a three year old Compaq Presario. 512k RAM, about 60 MB free space. I'm on dial up, use Win XP and an arsenal of protection: AVG + Firewall, Spysweeper, AVG Anti Spyware, Spybot S & D, Adaware and Spyware Terminator. I keep my definitions up to date on all of the above, as well as MS updates, surf safely, etc. I appreciate anyone's help, thanks in advance.

Eagle7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:10 PM

Scan your computer in safe mode using AVG antispyware and antivirus

Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below. DO NOT post the log in this forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How To start Windows in Safe Mode
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Eagle7

Eagle7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:00 AM

Hi Buddy215,

Thanks so much for some direction. I'll get started on it later this afternoon after my day out. I'll report back later. Have a great day!

Cheers,

Eagle7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users