Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xfer Programs From Another Comp.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bonbon

bonbon

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:21 AM

I have a program I purchased and downloaded from internet on a computer running windows xp. I want to now play it on my new windows vista comp. but do not know how to xfer the programI have tried to burn a c.d. but I don't know what to do once I load it onto new comp. I am used to it automatically popping up and installing into correct pathway .everything just unloads on desktop or into folder but then what do I do ? The site I bought it from wants proof of purchase which I don't have. Hope you can help.Thanks Bonnie p.s. I also just bought an external hard drive to help in this situation, but again I don't know what to do to install program correctly from hard drive.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:32 AM

What is the program your trying to transfer?
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 bonbon

bonbon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:25 PM

I am sorry , it is a game I downloaded. Its Bubble Shooter Golden Pack. from Absolutist.com. Thanks

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:40 PM

Can't you just download and install it on the new computer and the register it there?
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#5 bonbon

bonbon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:38 PM

The administrative folks at the website will not give me the info to register it. I bought and registered it about 3 yrs. ago but have no record on my end of the transaction. I'm assuming they have some paper trail when I ordered it but for whatever reason have decided not to give me the info. Bonnie

#6 bonbon

bonbon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:49 PM

I guess my question is how do you install a program from a burned c.d. ? It doesn't automatically start installing like it normally does off the internet or from a bought c.d Thanks Bonnie

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:14 AM

You have to locate the installation file on the CD. Usually it's named setup.exe or something similiar. Double click on it and the installation routine should start. It may even have an .msi file extension for the installer.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users